Project Minima:

Friday, September 16, 2011

It's a Wrap

Photo design by Mia Mala McDonald
Finished some of the "waiting in the wings" pieces I spoke about last time.  Easy-breezy.

The skirt I "made" was a piece of fabric I just wrapped around me to see how wide it was and then thought, hey! that looks kinda neat.  I fooled around with it a bit more, this way and that and then, the next thing I knew - it was complete.  I tried to see if I could find any fault with it, but no, it just looked good tied and draped like it was.  So, a no-sew skirt.

I put it on and wore it that evening with a pink silk slip, my new taupe silk and lace top, and my taupe tank top under that.  woohoo. 


The other piece is one of those old mini dresses I made in years gone by.  This one was very fitted with a scoop neck and short sleeves.  I removed all those darts and the sleeves, and raised the scoop into more of a boat neck.  Now I think of it more as a crazy-looking tunic top.

No comments:

Post a Comment