Project Minima:

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 is The New Year

artwork by Anda Klancic.
But, remember your New Year begins on your birthday!  So says astrologers, and doesn't that make sense...after all?

Therefore my year-end challenge is still valid, which is good, since I'm still working on it.

I've been pinning and re-pinning a patchwork type tunic top made from 70's Indian print gauze fabric.  The material seems to stretch and warp, the bits and pieces of pattern I've cut out have trouble lining themselves up correctly, and then when they do, it just doesn't look right anyway.  So I've been playing with that puzzle for days on end.  At least I'm not sewing and un-sewing it... 

I've also been gluing stretch, fake alligator fabric to a pair of ruined sling back shoes.  Yea, imagine that.  Bit by bit.  A slow process since I don't know what I'm doing.  Stay tuned.

Pix coming when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment