Project Minima:

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Some Summer in the City

All of a sudden it was so hot this Memorial Day weekend that the air conditioners went into action just like that (snap of the fingers).  And I whipped up a little something something to wear in all that heat.  wait til you see it...

painting by Alfred Galura.
Well, first off I rehabbed a semi-sheer camisole and matching pantaloons to fit me a little more comfortably.  I added some stretchy matching print fabric from my stash to the side seams of each item.  Once that was completed I felt I really needed a bit of a cover-up to wear over them since they were on the sheer side.

How about more semi-sheer fabric?!  I took a swatch of floral scrap fabric I had and wrapped it around my waist like a sarong, tying it at my hip - voila.  Then I found a beautiful bit of lacy-looking stretch fabric.  I just folded it in half and cut out a boat neckline and then sewed a tiny stitch in the middle of each side edge where the sleeve underarm would be.  Now I had a cool and breezy cropped top.  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment