Project Minima:

Friday, November 30, 2012

I've Been (Couture) Altered

It's the end of November, the end of my Fall season at Project Minima, and I've just finished refashioning a top this evening.  It was another Asianesque, made-from-scratch, blouse.  I spent some serious time on redesigning it to fit.

artwork by Moki Mioke

Seems to me I've had some major breakthroughs in my approach.  I credit it to reading Altered Couture (thanks Jean!) cover-to-cover, several times and to studying designer patterns a lot.  It's really opened my mind to alternative ways of thinking about how I want to construct clothes. 

I also finished sewing this great skirt from a Vogue pattern designed by the same person who did those pants I recently made, Marcy Tilton.  I just love it, it so architectural.  I'll have to get a pic of me wearing them, well both things, soon.  Meanwhile I do have pics on the Clothes for Fall page, if you'd like to check them out.  ahh, I'm tired...

8 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued!! Rest up so we can see please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to hear that, Joni. I'm back and ready for more.

      Delete
  2. You are so unique and inspiring, ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you, my dear Sacramento. I'll be up and going with more any day now.

      Delete
  3. Oh that skirt is so amazing! I love the two different colored zippers. The shape is incredible. Take it easy and get some rest~ Look forward to seeing you wear your amazing creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. My first forays into corduroy sewing. Love the stuff. And wearing it too.

      Delete
  4. The shape of that skirt is outrageously wonderful, and the coloured zippers make it even more excellent. How exciting to be having such inspiration and breakthroughs! I think our lovely Jean is amazing too. I love it when thinking can open right up and blossom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gangsta pockets! Jean Is Amazing. And Inspiring. I have yet to think in knits. It's time will come.

      Delete